Do you have an author you absolutely love? What makes him or her your favorite author?
Since November is Election Month, it is a great time to nominate your favorite author for Lowe’s Author of the Year. From now until November 9th nominate your favorite author. We will then open the voting poll November 12th - November 16th and announce Lowe’s Author of the Year on November 20th.
* Nominations will close November 9th.
* Voting poll will be open from November 12th - 16th.
* The author must have written at least 2 books.
* You may not nominate more than one author.
* You must fill out a nomination form and turn it into the library for the author to be nominated.
* Some of the nomination comments will be read on the morning announcements.
* Lowe’s Author of the Year will be announced on the morning news on November 14th.
How to nominate: Fill out the nomination form below naming the author, your favorite book he/she has written, plus 3 reasons he/she is deserves winning Lowe Author of the Year award.
Author: Dr. Seuss
Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham
- First author who helped children to read because he wrote the first fun beginner reader.
- Writes silly nonsense rhyming sentences to help readers enjoy reading.
- Invented very funny characters to open your imagination to dream the impossible.
Please note: Since JK Rowling, Jeff Kinney and Mo Willems won the Lowe Author of the Year award in the past, they will not be a nominee this school year. Good luck to every author candidate, and thank you for helping us tell who is the favorite author from the reader’s point of view!
Which lucky author will win this year's Lowe Author of the Year?