Poets write with a purpose. It is our job as readers to understand the details of poem to determine the poem's subject and purpose, the poet’s voice, and message of the poem. Third grade students practiced what they learned about the elements of a poem by choosing a poem and then animated it so show their understanding of it.
Students will create an animation of their favorite poem using pictures to show their understanding of the poem. They will also include the poet’s purpose, the poet’s voice, and the poet’s message.
- Create an animation to reflect understanding of the poem.
- The pictures on each slide must build upon the previous slide to show understanding of the poem
- Write the the title and poet's name on the first slide
- In separate text boxes write: the poem’s purpose, the poet’s voice, the poet's message
- A Line/stanza of the poem written on each slide along with the image reflecting what is written in the line/stanza