Welcome to the Lowe Library Media Center
9:10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Congratulations to Lowe students for participating in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge.
The Lowe Library Media Center now has ebooks!!! Just click on the Lowe Catalog below and type in the word ebook into the search box (all word search). Click on the book title and scroll down to "Read the Interactive ebook Now!" link. Lowe families, please email me if you do not know the username and password.
The new ebooks addition have been made possible with the help of an incentive by Abdoe and Capstone book publishers.
We Give Books are free but you must set up an account.
To access Tumble Books click on the Louisville Public Library website above and click on the link to Tumble Books.
Students and families will be provided free access to myON books for the summer. The e-books will be available Monday, May 26 through August 30th, 2014. (School name: KY READS; Username: read; Password: read).
The mission of the Lowe Library Media Center is to create a community of lifelong learners.
Information literacy - the ability to find and use information - is the keystone to lifelong learning. Students will be nurtured in their development as they acquire the skills they will need to harness and use information for a productive and fulfilling life.
Reading Literacy- the ability to find the books for leisure is an elementary skill which is nurtured in the library as students become stronger readers and well rounded readers of literature.
- Kindergarten - 1st grade students may check out one book at a time.
- 2nd - 5th grade students may check out up to 2 books at a time.
- Books are due back 1 week, but may be renewed for a second week. Books must be brought back to the library to be renewed.
- If a book is overdue, no other items may be checked out until the book is returned.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the cost to replace it will be charged.
- If a desired book has already been checked out, a student may request that a reserve be placed on it. When that book is returned the student will be notified.